Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fitness

I ran/walked 5 miles today. I just can't seem to get past the 5 to 6 mile marker in a running session. Why is that? It's my stamina that's what. I've worked on being more efficient with drinking a ton more water, not eating before running since I run in the morning and then eating within 45 minutes after. I have found that I run better at night, but that just doesn't work with my schedule.  


I'm training to run 2 more 5Ks this year and then a few 5Ks and a 10K next year. I need to have something to run for, so training for races helps keep me on course. The biggest factor in staying on track, and the fact that I'm running at all, is that my daughter is in school. She is going to a day school, and it's been hard for her being away from us, but she does love it.  Just like creating life, there needs to be so many factors in place to be able to stick with a fitness plan when we're all so busy with whatever it is we busy ourselves with--school, work, family, commitments, etc. You just have to look at it as a job just like a real job or a permanent commitment. Easier said than done, but it's the consistency that matters most I'm finding out. It's like any habit we have--it's the repetitiveness, which sounds dreadful in a way. The doldrums of anything definitely can kill the life out of something. You can think of many situations that are a ton of fun--going out on the town, going to the beach--but if you have to do it day after day then it gets a little blaze blah!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

BeatnikkiBlog loves comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...