Monday, July 18, 2011

"Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement."

This quote by Golda Meir  is my favorite quote to my daughter. I saw it in a parenting magazine just before I gave birth and since then it has hung on my daughter's bedroom wall. I love to include quotes on my syllabi for my college writing classes. I think they set a tone for my classes and what I want my students to get out of my class. It's not just about becoming a better writer, expressing yourself better and learning about different topics; it's also about learning about yourself, growing, and becoming better. We should all be working on that at all times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BeatnikkiBlog loves comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...