Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Let's Get Physical

Not to get you all depressed, but I recently came across some interesting facts recently about calorie intake and output. You'd think with how health conscious we all are, these basic facts and laws of biology would be obvious. Well, apparently they weren't to me because I'm constantly shocked by how bad food can be for us all and how the body processes food. 

Interesting fact:  It takes only 100 extra calories a day to gain 10 pounds in a year. 

To burn 100 calories: roughly 1 mile of running or about 12 minutes.

1 slice of cheese pizza: roughly 200 calories

SCENARIO
The average person eats 2-3 pieces of pizza, so that means you'd have to run 4-6 miles just to burn off the pizza from the day.

Who does that? Not most people I know. I like to run and workout--just not right now being eight months pregnant--and still that's shocking to me what you have to do to compensate for some pizza eating. So what can we do besides get completely down on ourselves for enjoying some pizza? Well, I think it's not to stop eating pizza...once in a while. Instead, just remember the ratio of input/output and do everything in moderation. It's all about balance. I guess that's the Libra in me. 


WORKOUT FACT

If you work out on a regular basis, it's good to know carbs are good before working out to give you energy and  protein after a workout is good to restore those muscles, so that means eating a banana or some granola before and some lean protein or beans after. Easy enough! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

BeatnikkiBlog loves comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...