Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Quote

Jack Kerouac
"I realized these were all the snapshots which our children would look at someday with wonder, thinking their parents had lived smooth, well-ordered lives and got up in the morning to walk proudly on the sidewalks of life, never dreaming the raggedy madness and riot of our actual lives, our actual night, the hell of it, the senseless emptiness." 
 Jack Kerouac (On the Road)


I was looking at quotes to add to my syllabus; something inspiring and by Kerouac who I am teaching, and I came across this quote. With the discretion of pictures and blogs and putting out there what we want to put out, we are filtering our lives to how we want to be portrayed, but sometimes those watching and making us examples don't get to see the whole picture. I have this view of my parents, I wonder if my daughter will have this distorted view, of how  we lived through her own eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BeatnikkiBlog loves comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...