Monday, August 1, 2011

New obsession: cake pops!

jeanmariescakery.blogspot.com
Cake pops are awesome! I love anything on a stick and yesterday I made Fish cookies on a stick with spelt flour. They are delicious!! I made it with eggs and butter, which I normally try to cut out by replacing them with bananas and applesauce, but it was worth it. 

What I learned in my research of cake pops is Bakerella is one to check out with her intricate, beautiful cake pop decorations. My daughter wants to make the Elmo one, but I told her let's start with some simple like the ones in the picture. 

Another idea was to use donut holes instead of making it with a cake mix and just dipping the holes in melted chocolate. I'm going to have to try that.  

Here's a picture of our baking endeavor...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BeatnikkiBlog loves comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...